Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Can you say HAPPY TIME???

It is Wednesday and you all know what that means! Time for another SUPER Fantastic Scrapalicious USA Challenge!!!! Whoot! Whoot!

I just love this time each week, it gives me a chance to really push my creativity and expand outside of my comfort level.
And wow, that is JUST what I did this week.


This week's theme is: Graduation
I had visions of scrolls and "2011's" and flat top hats (what are those called??) anyways, I just couldn't seem to think of a way to work those all in together to make a Graduation card!
I know! I know! It should have been easy, well I don't know why, but I was unable to wrap my brain around it!
SOoooo.....I went another direction! And here is what I created!
 To me Butterflies represent Freedom, the whole "Spread your Wings and Fly"! It just really made me think about how I felt when I graduated! And that is how I felt, independent, invincible and so ready to take on the world!!

Here is what I used :
Craft Cardstock from my stash for the base of the card
Butterflies were cut from a "Glitz Design" pattern paper
Pink and White buttons were from this SUPER adorable Doodlebug Sweet Shoppe Set (from the one and only Scrapalicious USA Shop)
Lace trim again was just a scrap from my stash
And the Congratulations sentiment was cut out from a piece of 8.5 x 11 sheet of single pattern paper 
Easy peasy!! (ok well it really wasn't easy to think of, but once I had the idea it all just came together)

So don't forget to head over to the Scrapalicious USA Challenge Blog to link up your  projects for this Weekly Wed. challenge and WIN AWESOME PRIZES!!!
Good luck everyone, I can't wait to see your interpretation of a "Graduation" Card!
Happy Crafting!


3 comments:

Walking on Water said...

A beautiful card..love the butterflies! :)

Cely said...

Love that lace! So pretty! And thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog! :)

Ulysses' mama said...

Love love love those butterflies!! Thanks for your comment on my project