Can you guess the theme this week?????
It is Memorial Day of course!!! What a wonderful day to remember all of the men and women who have given their lives for our freedom!
I for one think that everyday should be a day to remember these armed forces, but I also stop and wonder, how can I show my gratitude and appreciation???
Well as a start I have created this card:
Here are the awesome products I used:
- Elephant was cut from the Create a Critter Cricut Cartridge
- On the Elephants hat I used a white flower and clear bling (died red with Ranger alcohol ink) from the Doodlebug Sweet Shoppe set found at Scrapalicious USA
- I added a small bow to jazz up my elephant with ribbon from my stash and to finish him off I added some cute googly eyes
- As an accent on my card, from the same Doodlebug Set, I used a large white brad and small blue brad (which was white until I colored it blue with a Bic Mark It marker) and a red brad from my own stash.
- The sentiment was spelled out with white alphabet stickers and placed on a hand cut banner.
- All the paper is from my own stash
On the inside of my card:
- I covered the backs of the brads by using the Lattice Chain Punch by EK success which can be purchased at Scrapalicious USA.
- The sentiment on the inside was handwritten by me
So although it is just a small start, I want to give a great big:
THANK YOU TO ALL OF THOSE MEN AND WOMEN WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES SO I COULD BE SITTING HERE SHARING MY PASSION FOR PAPER CRAFTING!!!
Now it's your turn to join in: Go on over to the Scrapalicious USA Challenge Blog
and show us how you are going to give your thanks on this Memorial Day!!
Your entry must be new for this challenge and you have till Saturday to enter!
Great prizes are just waiting to be won!!!!
Best of Luck to everyone!